Mar 7, 2012

Almost-Spring Yard Cleaning

Because somehow spring is nearly here, Jeremy and I planned to work in the yard this past weekend- trimming bushes and raking the leaves of the entire neighborhood that tend to accumulate in our yard (looking at you neighbor across the street with the enormous maple).  So Sunday afternoon in the last hours of sunlight for the weekend, we made it into the back yard, finally.  I tackled my annual apprehension-filled rose pruning that I never have any idea of what I am doing- hence the apprehension.  Time will tell if I killed off yet another plant.  I'll be sure to let you know as you must be as anxious about it as I am.

Jeremy and I also decided it was high time this son of ours started doing some work around here, so we turned him loose in the yard.

















Turns out he's a great helper in the yard in addition to folding diapers (walks in circles around the living room with a clean diaper in each hand) and putting dishes away (sprinting to the kitchen with giggles as soon as he hears the forbidden-to-play-with dishwasher open).

Here's to daffodils blooming!

No comments:

Post a Comment