Mar 30, 2013

'Twas the Night Before Easter

Tonight we dyed Easter Eggs.
















And I in my typical fashion decided to make things as time consuming as possible and made my own egg dyes.  I know, I know...I'm slightly crazed.
















We tried (from L to R) green tea, paprika, turmeric and (because nothing in my spice cupboard would turn blue) blue food coloring.
















Now, for the past week or so we have been reading a book about a family of bunnies coloring Easter eggs, so the Buddy had a pretty good idea about what was going on because...
















total egg-coloring-mayhem commenced.
















I soon realized that this was no longer my craft project.
















Someone else took to meticulously dyeing each egg...then redyeing each egg...many many times,
















until most eggs ended a shade of the same color.
















It was an absolute blast.
















He is such a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment