May 23, 2013

Vegetable garden and other food related things

Here's our garden so far this spring-






















I love a spring garden because everything is so tidy and green; it makes me feel so garden savvy!  By time August rolls around, the garden gets all weedy, overgrown and brown and I never feel the need to photograph it then.  But for now...look at me!  I grew this!  Hooray!
We have radishes, leaf lettuce, arugula lettuce, sugar snap peas, chives, three tomato plants and one zucchini.

Also in Food, we (as in I) have a new resolve for getting more fish in our diet so I created "Fish Monday!"  Going on five (I think) weeks now Monday's dinner is overcooked fish.  I'm working on the overcooked part.

And in Children's Food Books, here is a new favorite around here-
  









I found this at the library the other day and it's a really fabulous book.  Colorful pictures of just about every familiar fruit and vegetable you can think of from A to Z.  Wes just loves it and he pretends to eat everything in this book.  "Yummy banananas" "Yummy peppers" "Yummy radicchio!" he says with cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment